The UK network of building surveyors and structural engineers providing reports

The UK Network of Building Surveyors and Structural Engineers
HomeAbout UsHow we workRequest QuoteContact UsJobs
Surveyors Reports
  Valuation Only

  Homebuyer Survey

  Building Survey

Engineers Reports





  EMC (Radio Waves)









  Wall Tie

Structural Design
Expert Witness
Commercial Buildings
Training Courses

Home Information Pack (HIP)

Using this website does not commit you to placing an order.

To obtain online estimates for Home Information Packs from a number of providers, please click the Home Information Pack Button below. You will be asked to fill in a form about your property after which a number of estimates will appear instantly together with a full list of contact details.

Click here to request estimates for an HIP

If you are selling your house you will need to obtain a Home Information Pack from an HIP provider. This also includes an Energy Performance Certificate EPC from a Domestic Energy Assessor DEA

The Home Information Pack (HIP) is a set of documents providing important information about a property such as searches, copies of the deeds and an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC).

New legislation (1 June 2007) now requires all home owners in England and Wales to prepare an HIP before putting their home up for sale. This website allows you to obtain multiple estimates for HIPs from a number of suppliers. You then choose a supplier, deal with them directly and cut out the middle man.

The contents of an HIP are as follows:

1. Home Information Pack Index
2. Property Information Questionnaire (PIQ)
3. Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) or Predicted Energy Assessment (PEA)
4. Sale statement
5. Evidence of title
6. Standard searces (local authority and dainage and water)
7. Sustainablility information (required for newly built homes)

Documents that are optional include:

1. Home Condition Report
2. Legal summary
3. Home use/contents form
4. Other documents like specialist searches (for example, the seller may choose to include a mining search in a mining area).

When you don’t need a HIP

Most people selling their home will require a HIP however there are some exceptions. You will possibly not require a HIP if your property falls into one of the following categories:

1. Properties where there is no marketing (e.g. sale to member of your family)
2. Non-residential properties
3. Seasonal and holiday accommodation
4. Mixed sales (e.g. shop with flat)
5. Right to buy and similar sales
6. Sales of portfolios of properties
7. Properties not being sold with completely vacant possession
8. Unsafe properties and properties to be demolished.

The above notes are for guidance only and you should consider consulting a Solicitor to be certain of your legal requirements.

For our terms and conditions please click here

We cover the whole of the UK.

Registered in England : No. 4261391
The Stables, Rear of 60 the Avenue, Southampton, SO17 1XS
Tel: 0800 52 58 50   Fax: 023 8072 0788   Email:

house survey building surveyors surveyor structural engineers report engineer homebuyers reports homebuyer home buyer buyers subsidence valuation party wall act boundary walls expert witness crack cracks drainage repair repairs job jobs vacancy vacancies course training courses